Pest And Wildlife Control Services
Help is a phone call away
Humane Wildlife Removal
- Humane Live Trapping, eviction and exclusion of nuisance animals including raccoons, skunks, possums and squirrels.
- Humane live trapping is a method of capturing wild animals without causing them harm.
- Exclusion is the process of keeping wild animals out of buildings.
- Eviction is the process of removing a wild animal from somewhere it is in conflict with a human, such as an attic, interior of a home, garage, etc.
- Each situation is unique and I will work with you to identify what is going on and determine the solutions that are humane, legal, and which resolve your animal conflict situation.
Bird Conflict Resolution
- Whether Birds are nesting, roosting, or hanging out we can identify the cause and implement the solution.
- Humane, safe methods of excluding the birds and decontaminating the area they have been using are what we provide.
- We can also remove nesting material and perform the associated cleanup.
- As a licensed pest control company we can eliminate with the parasites that infest bird roosting and nesting areas. Bird mites, roaches, rats, and more are often found where you find birds.
- Types of Termites found in Houston.
- Construction pre-treatment for termites. Performed while construction or remodeling is going on and walls are open.
- Post-Construction Treatment options for subterranean termites. Performed after a building is completed but when you need to eliminate or prevent a termite infestation.
Rat and Mouse Control
- Rat control and exclusion refers to the process of identifying and eliminating a rat infestation, as well as taking measures to prevent rats from re-entering a building or property.
- This may involve using a combination of traps and other methods to eliminate existing rats and seal off entry points to prevent new rats from entering. While rodenticides have a place they are generally my last option for a variety of reasons including safety and controlling where any dead animals are located to avoid smells.
- It is important to hire a professional and experienced exterminator to handle rat control, as rats can carry and transmit diseases, and an infestation can cause significant damage to a building’s structure and wiring. They have to be handled carefully with proper equipment and knowledge of their habits.
Dead Animal Removal
- Dead animal removal is the process of safely handling, removing, and disposing of deceased animals from areas where they may pose a health or sanitation risk.
- The process may involve using protective gear, equipment, and properly disposing of the animal.
Bat Removal and Exclusion
- Bat removal and exclusion refers to the process of safely removing bats from a building and preventing them from re-entering.
- It may involve using special equipment and techniques to safely remove bats from the building and locate and seal off any potential entry points.
- Bats are protected by law in Texas, so it is important to hire a professional and experienced bat removal expert who is trained to handle bats in a safe and humane manner.
- It’s important to note that bat exclusion must be done in the correct time of year, during the time when bats are not roosting or breeding. Exclusion during this time will not harm the bats and it will prevent the bats from entering the structure once again.
Other Pest and Wildlife Control Services
- Bee Removal – We can safely, humanely, and professionally resolve honeybees in your wall, attic, or on your property. Honeybees in Texas are often hybrid African bees and some hives are very aggressive to people. We are able to remove problem hives and relocate them to somewhere they can be productive without endangering people. This includes removal of swarms, sealing the entrance, decontamination of area where the hive was at to reduce the opportunity for future infestations. As a former beekeeper I’m experienced in calmly handling bees. As a last resort I will also euthanize a hive that is either overly aggressive or that cannot be economically removed because it is in a cement block wall, etc.
- Service areas vary by service type based on my ability to provide a quality customer experience.
- Services are offered in the Houston / Galveston area including Houston, Pasadena, Deer Park, South Houston, La Porte, Galena Park, League City, Webster, Pearland, and Friendswood.
Services Not Offered
- Domestic Animal Control – for issues with stray dogs and cats please contact BARC at 311 or your city/county animal control.
- Large wildlife control / management
- Removal of snakes, alligators etc
- Fumigation services
About Big City Pest and Wildlife
Big City Pest and Wildlife is a small, locally owned company. You receive personalized service, not mass produced sales pitches. I provide 5 star service, one client at a time. Whether you have termites tearing up your home, a feisty squirrel chewing up your attic, or a raccoon raiding your garage we can help resolve your pest and nuisance wildlife problems. Give us a call today and see how we can help you.
Industry Associations I am a member of
National Wildlife Control Operators Association
Greater Houston Pest Control Association
Texas Pest Control Association
My Qualifications and Certifications
While everyone has a license, not everyone has the same training, background or qualifications. I am a detailed professional who believes in solving problems in a safe, efficient manner using scientific methods. My other business is GreenLight Inspections, a home inspection company. This gives me a thorough understanding of building science, best practices, and construction standards. In addition to solving your immediate problem, a long-term solution usually involves eliminating the way that pests or animals are getting into your home or business. The first step in solving a wildlife or pest problem is a thorough inspection. As a trained, licensed professional who holds code certifications I often find un-related issues that I can let my clients know about before they become problems in their home.
Advanced Wildlife Control Operator
Certified Wildlife Control Operator
NWCOA Rodent Standards Certified
Bird Barrier Certified Installer
Graduate - Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Rodent Academy
NWCOA Bat Standards Certified
Residential Combination Inspector - Code
Certified Professional Inspector
Certified Residential Thermographer
- Licensed, Certified Applicator in General Pest and Termite Categories
- TREC Licensed Home Inspector
- ICC Certified Residential Combination Inspector
- 20+ years of residential and commercial construction experience.
- Licensed FAA Drone Operator
- Former Insurance Adjuster